We prescribe this recipe for all of our patients. Have it early in the morning when you first wake up. It's designed to provide nourishment without overwhelming the digestive fire.
- 1 whole, fresh organic sweet apple, cored and peeled.
- 3 whole cloves (per apple) Note: Use only 1 clove for crock pot cooking.
- 1/4 cup of spring water
- Peel and dice apple into small pieces.
- Add cloves, apples and water in a covered pot.
- Stew apples in 1/4 cup of water until mushy consistency (usually takes about 15 minutes, less time for pears).
- Remove cloves and discard before serving.
- Let stand away from heat for 5 minutes to cool a little.
Note: if you are constipated you may add 1 prune to the recipe.