This is basically the same recipe we use for milk tea added. The trick however, is the order in which you add the spices, tea and milk.
- 1/2 cup Whole Organic milk (un-homogenized and pasture fed if possible)
- 1/2 cup of spring water
- 2 crushed green cardamom pods (support the digestive fire)
- 1/4 inch stick of cinnamon (supports sugar metabolism)
- 1 whole clove (opening to the digestive channels)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of loose tea or 1 teabag.
Coarsely crush the spice and add to the water. Boil the water for 5 minutes. Next add the tea and boil for another 2 - 3 minutes. Lastly add the milk and bring to a boil. Add organic sugar, let cool and enjoy.