Dal means lentil. This split mung bean dal recipe is delicious and easy to make. Also, you can use it to make kitcheri by adding an equal amount of rice or quinoa.
- 1/2 cup split mung dahl - organic is best.
- 3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of your recommended personal spice recipe
1. Toast dahl (dry) in skillet for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Boil water separately.
3. Add dahl and stir briefly.
4. Boil about 20 minutes.
5. Season with your recommended personal spice recipe.
Process of Seasoning:
Boil ghee. Add all seasonings and stir until they give a sudden burst of aroma. Then pour over dahl, stir once and cover immediately. Let dahl stand covered for 5 minutes to absorb spices.