First of all this is very different from what we call buttermilk in the west. This recipe is often used to restore the beneficial bacteria - a unique and difficult task. It is very good for assimilation and provides an excellent source of crucial digestive microbes.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 1/4 cup fresh cold yogurt (make yourself whenever possible)
- 3/4 cup purified cold water (cold is important)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander leaf (also called cilantro)
- 1 pinch of cooling soma salt
- Mix yogurt by itself on low for 3-5 minutes minimum
- Then add cold water to yogurt
- Mix again on low for 3-5 minutes
- Collect and discard the fatty foam on top
- Repeat mixing and remove further fatty foam if yogurt still seems thick or solid white (should appear watery but cloudy in color when finished).
- Add the 3 spices and stir by hand briefly just enough to mix the spices evenly.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Sip between bites at Lunch.