Lauki is my favorite summer squash. This recipe combines Lauki with Tori Sqaush (often called Chinese Okra in the Asian Marktets) and another summer squash called Snake Gourd. All of these squashes are full of the cooling Lunar energy called Soma. White Daycon Radish is added to aid urinary detoxification and other spices for a delicious healthy soup.
- Loki Squash 2 cups
- Tori Squash 1/2 cup
- Snake gourd or zuchini 1/2 cup
- Daycon radish 1/4 cup
- Parsley1 tbs
- Malabar spinach or chard 1/2 cup
- Ginger 1/2 tsp
- Small green chilly 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seed 1/2 tsp
- Fennugreek seed 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Cooling Soma salt 1/4 tsp or to your taste
- Ghee tsp
- Lime Juice from half of a lime
- Water - enough to cover the veg pieces to cook
1. In a medium pot heat the ghee, add the cumin and fennugreek, heat until dark brown.
2. Add the ginger, turmeric powder, green chilly, curry leaves and fry for a few minutes, until light brown.
3. Add rest of the ingredients except lime juice.
4. Bring to a boil, then cover and boil for 5-6 minutes.
5. Turn off heat, let it cool for a bit, pour everything in to a blender.
6. Pulse blend to your liking of soup consistency. (smooth and creamy or chunky)
7. Add lime juice and serve.